Part two

15:20


Before my arrival in Toronto (location for fair 1), I talked to all my teacher friends that had gone through the same experience. I talked it over with my boss, the library director, and he gave me lots of tips. Then I got a mock interview with the associate principal for primary school at my current school  which was incredibly hard and had me studying for the next couple of months!!!!

View from my window - Marriott Courtyard / Picture taken by me
I arrived in Toronto by late January to a freezing cold weather to a lovely hotel right in the center of the city. Perfect location! I had a few days to kill so I did all the touristy things I could. Which included getting nearly snowed in!

View from the CN Tower / Picture taken by me

Casa Loma / Picture taken by me

It was suggested that I get cards to send to the schools, through their mailboxes at the fair, which I did. I have to say I highly recommend doing this! I left a card on all the schools I was interested in and the ones that offered a library position. I did this as soon as I could and by the time I had to set up interviews, most schools remembered my card!! So rather than having to introduce myself, I was received with "You must be Tina!" or "Ahh yes! The card! That was great!".

I addressed each card to the representative of the school that was at the fair, I wrote each one of them and research a bit about the school and finally added my CV. That worked great and I had a few interviews. Now one of the things we are told is: your favourite school should be one of the ones whose interviews you've added for last. 

The weekend of the fair was a bit nuts and you'll be exhausted at the end of the day but it is well worth it and you meet some awesome people along the way and most people I talked to during the fair got a job there, I mean I got mine there!! Yay!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Read the Printed Word!